WHY SHOULD YOU USE A CAHC-ACCREDITED HOME CARE AGENCY?
A CAHC accredited agency has voluntarily chosen to follow Standards based on established practices in the home care field. This commitment to ensuring quality care is reflected in all aspects of the agency's operation.
The Commission monitors compliance with these Standards through annual site visits by experienced RN Field Nurse Surveyors.
For example, CAHC accredited agencies are required to meet the following standards:
- A registered professional nurse will assess your needs and write out a personalized plan of care.
- For Personal Care services, only currently certified homemaker-home health aides are employed. This means the aide has successfully completed a 76-hour certification training program approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing. Also, a criminal background check was conducted by the Board of Nursing prior to receiving certification.
- All certified homemaker-home health aides have passed competency tests and attended in-service education programs every year. What's more, every two months a registered professional nurse will come to your home to supervise the certified homemaker-home health aides and monitor the continuing appropriateness of the plan of care.
- The agency takes care of the insurance requirements and applicable taxes for their certified homemaker-home health aides and nurses. If you hire someone privately, you are responsible for these areas.
- If you receive skilled nursing services, you are assured that only nurses who are currently licensed by the New Jersey Board of Nursing are employed. In addition, all the RNs and LPNs who care for you have been interviewed, their references have been checked and their clinical skills have been tested.
- The agency has a set of established policies to guide their operation, including the handling of any issues that a patient or patient's family might have.
These are only a few of the many reasons why you should only choose an agency accredited by CAHC for home care. Ask the agency for proof of CAHC accreditation or call the Commission
office (908-508-1200) to be sure.
Click Here To Find A CAHC Accredited Agency in Your Area
Download this page